Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hooray! I get to meet my daddy today!

I had the unbelievable pleasure of photographing another homecoming this week--a family I have very much grown to love and admire in the last two years.  They were there for me as a friend and support during our deployment last year, and we've grown even closer during their deployment.  In fact I was lucky enough to witness and photograph the labor and birth of their second baby girl in July!
All homecomings are amazing and special, but when you know that the returning daddy is meeting his four month old baby girl for the first time, it tugs at a few extra heart strings. 




 Isn't she radiant!  Nothing like the smiles and nerves in the moments before the return :)
 First hugs and smooches!  We had practiced for so long with the whole "run to daddy and jump into his arms" thing...but forgot about the part where she'd be holding the sign...oh well! 





 Meeting his little girl!  Are you crying yet?  Cause I was!






Congratulations you guys on a very successful deployment and a beautiful homecoming! What a beautiful moment it was--thanks again for inviting me to be a part of it :)
Enjoy being a family of four! 

No comments: